Together we can make a change
Kiwanis is about friendship and service
As members of Kiwanis we have the opportunity to participate in fund-raising and service projects and other activities of the club, all of which benefit the community.
We raise funds by
- Cooking & catering for events such as the Australia Day Breakfast, clearing sales, and Twilight on Magnolia.
- Major fundraisers such Kiwanis Cuisine dinner night and musical evenings
- As gatekeepers for local football matches and the Kapunda Farm Fair
- Setting up and marshalling for the annual Declaration of Vintage
- As a support team for major events such as the recent Suzi Quatro performance at Seppeltsfield
Why join Kiwanis?
HELP YOUR COMMUNITY
Kiwanis is best known for its work with children in the local and larger community providing financial or hands on support.
As you work with others towards common goals, you build friendships and enriching relationships in the community.
SATISFACTION AND APPRECIATION
It’s a great feeling knowing you’ve made a significant contribution to the well-being of others. It’s also great to be appreciated!
There are many opportunities within Kiwanis to develop leadership, group and organisational skills.
Kiwanis is a family-oriented service club where family members are most welcome at club functions. Members’ partners often choose to become members as well.
OPEN TO ALL
Age doesn’t matter. If you’re passionate about helping others, here’s a great way to leverage your energy.
YOU’RE PART OF A TEAM
So much more can be achieved if we work together rather than alone to make the world a better place for generations to come.
Members, as personal time permits, may participate in a variety of ways:
- Fundraising, by working on projects
- Volunteering in community service projects,
- Participating in interclub events
- Actively working on the committees which they join
- Attending club meetings as a way of keeping informed and connecting with other members
Meet up with us!
The Barossa Kiwanis Club usually meets on the second and fourth Thursday of every month at the The Vine Inn, Nuriootpa. Come join us for a meal, fun, learning and friendship. Call us for further details.